Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Any Good Ideas?

Discussion in 'E36 M3 (1995-1999)' started by Evan Buko, Dec 3, 2008.

Evan Buko guest

I have a silver 97 M3 that I plan on somewhat "fixing up". I was looking to see if anyone had a good idea as to what type of aftermarket rims or OEM rims that would look great on my M.

I had my eyes on the DPE LS5 but those may be to to much for my kind of car. They dont need to be extremely flashy or anything like that; just something that would make me stand out even more.

I've also heard that rims for other models would look great on my car and i thought i would just get a few opinions as to what you would do in my shoes.

Thanks, Evan

JCampbell

I really like the CSL replicas in 18", they aren't a lot of money and they really look good on the E36 body.
    The 19s look out of place in my opinion.
    If you want to spend more money BBS always look great.

Evan Buko guest

Yes. Ive here that the BBS is the way to go but im for sure going to look into the CSL replicas. I also agree with the 18's looking better than the 19's

Is it at all possible to send me a link to a site or post photos that you have?
    If you can that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Evan

JCampbell

Here's one

I'll find some photos of them on my car too.

[IMG]

JCampbell

Evan Buko guest

Those are very nice. Thanks

Yea that would be even better if I seen them on a car

Evan Buko guest

Oh sorry I didnt refresh the page when you put up the pic of the car.

Those look really nice. Im def. going to take those into consideration

94is guest

I've always loved stock wheels. :D

[IMG]

Devilsown guest

+1 on stock

bojangles guest

+1 on factory wheels they look good... who painted them? the colour is not stock.

and I gotta say -2 on the wing.. yuk.

granthr

+1 for stock and BBS wheels. The great thing about these in the photo is that they are forged!! Light and Strong! That is the way to go. These are my favorite wheel for the E36.

My E36 came with Z3 3.0 17 inch staggered radial spoke wheels from the PO. I like the look, but they are heavy. I want to get the E36 M3 Forged wheels at some point.

granthr

I know wings are a matter of taste. But that wing is from a US 95 lightweight, in other words, a motorsport wing. That is NOT a cheap street racer POS, it is the real deal! :cool:

bojangles guest

sorry, i guess i was referring to how it looks.. not what it is. LOL

granthr

Well there is a lot of junk out there and unfortunately the honda boys with up to there wings have ruined the look. It is funny to see some of them on the highway with all that down force on the rear with none on the front, and it is FWD to begin with.

It is a bit much for the street, but I believe he takes his car to the track. So he is legit. :D

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Way-bitchin' wheels

For my money-LOTS of my money!:eek:-you can't beat the look of D-D-D-Dinan wheels on an M3. . . or on an M roadster, for that matter. . . .