Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

leather cleaner

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by 04Grayracer, Mar 14, 2008.

04Grayracer rs racer some day

has anyone ever tried and succeeded getting there 99 or 2000 seats to look good for either a better resale or just to look great

GregS_WI guest

Resale? 'Cause you found a 2003 540 6spd, right? (j/k)

I've tried Meguires 2-part cleaner/conditioner but wasn't too impressed (smells nice though.) Now I use Griot's Garage's and I do find that does a decent job of softening the leather up. I've heard very good things about the one BMW carries (LeatherZ maybe?). Be sure you park your car in the sun for a while to really open the pores.

M3Driver guest

Ditto on the Griot's leather conditioner.....

330indy1

if it really needs restored moister, try 100% mink oil with

the BMW leather care kit. It really softens and reconditions nicely. I used this to get an e36 vert's seats back to almost new condition, really.

M3Driver guest

If it needs conditioning very badly, try Connolly Hide Food. Do an internet search and you'll find hits on it. Autogeek.net has good write up (and you can purchase from there). There are others as well.

ripp222 guest

I use Leatherique Pristine Clean, followed up by their Rejuvinator Oil. They also have a "custom" matched dye. If you have black seats like myself, odds are you could use some.

slaterkm57 guest

Leatherique.com

I swear by the products from Leatherique.com You can see ads in Roundel. The Pristine Clean cleaner and Leather Rejuvenating Oil are outstanding products. The seats in my1998 528i (114,000K) are perfect. If you have significant spider cracks they have also offer crack filler and easy to apply water based leather dye. Great stuff!

330indy1

stuts

I have never gone wrong with Lexol products. Stuts

H8Rain guest

I also use Lexol cleaner and conditioner. I am happy with the results, although I will say the conditioner leaves the leater tacky for a day or two.

alansuzie guest

I use Mothers leather cleaner and condintioner and find they work pretty good

bmwccabob guest

the nappa leather in my 02 m3 responds very well to the leatherique products.. i love them as well...

i am not sure how the montana leather is with the lexol but the nappa leather does not like the lexol at all... sticky shiny feeling.. even after wiping with a couple of dry fresh microfibres...

Shawn Honea guest

Clean Leather

Go to your local cowboy shop and by saddle cleaner with glycerin. It will really clean leather. I just bought a 1996 M3 with the rare black and gold leather option nt interrion. The leather was not as clean as it should be . This stuff works GREAT>:)

dms540i

Lexol makes a nice conditioner. I've also used Punch brand leather shoe cream for scuffs. Their grey color is a perfect match for my grey leather interior.

Arts540 guest

I use Zainos leather cleaner and conditioner. To me, the leather looks good with a little sheen and feels soft.

sydhale guest

Ditto on the Griot's leather conditioner.

I have used several and its the best for my money....

Adam Kelly guest

I have very dirty discolored leathers....

Anything for cleaning very discolored leathers? I have grey leather and very blotchy looking? They look as though they need to be stripped and sealed. Any suggestions?

Meff17 guest

Real Lambswool to apply

I have successfully used Lexol. But a key hint given to me by a leather expert is to use a piece of real lambswool as your applicator. You can usually get some remnants at a local leather store. Something about the real wool is gentle enough to protect the leather but the fibers can work there way into the leather and deep clean. It has been invaluable info that has worked for me every time.

John in VA

Is Punch sold in the USA? It appears to be an Irish/UK company.

missmelyssa guest

spider cracks

Yes, I have spider cracks. Other than that the color and look of the leather is fine.
    I'll have to check this out.
    I knew someone on here would know what to use.