Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Car decorations, vinyl or paint?

Discussion in 'Autocross' started by alekseykorzun, Nov 26, 2008.

alekseykorzun guest

I have a project car I want to use as track car, my question is if I want to have motor sport stripes span out few car elements would vinyl be the way to go? How does everyone do it? I heard paint is an option but everyone is switching to vinyl because of $$$ and time.

I'm currently having someone take measurements and design my car for vinyl shop, so I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time.

Thanks.

mattm

As you noted, vinyl is cheaper and easily reversable. :)

alekseykorzun guest

Thanks for reply :). Question, I reserved number for autocross, where do I get number panel from? Any referrals?

mattm

You can try an autocross buddy of mine:
    http://rallydecals.com/cc/
    Mention my name.
    For disclosure, he did not do the 135i graphics. Those were done by the car's owners (they are out of Texas).

alekseykorzun guest

Ordered, thanks. I put my class as D (as it looks like its broken down X being non-bmw and E lowest, so I went with D, heh) as I could not find any info on how to pick proper class. Oh well.

alekseykorzun guest

Hey, I received no response from them on shipping/confirmation :(

mattm

I just sent him an email.

John in VA

Check out Victory By Design in Harrisonburg, VA. They have lots of BMW graphics and wrap many competition cars.

[IMG]

[IMG]

CRKrieger

One big advantage to using vinyl on big graphics is that a single panel graphic can be reproduced easily if you have body damage.

Another is that, if it doesn't sunbake for too many years in a row, you can peel them off and go back to stock.

alekseykorzun guest

Still not reply or vinyls, doing charge back. Thanks tho :)

alekseykorzun guest

Thanks, i send them an e-mail. Wraps looks amazing but it's too much/expensive I think. Will see :)

mattm

I spoke with Keith this afternoon. He apologized profusely. He has been dealing with some personal issues that have taken him out of the loop. He's had to go into a holding pattern.

alekseykorzun guest

Thanks for following up, that sucks. I opened paypal dispute but if he has the goods he can ship and resolve it if he can.

Thanks again