Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bavarian Soundwerks product feedback.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by Jeff Gomon, Nov 20, 2008.

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

Has anyone installed one the BSW systems in their car or SAV? Am thinking about the Stage 1 for my 2005 X5 with DSP and factory installed subwoofer. Am also looking at replacing that with the Powered BSW subwoofer as well, but want some feedback before spending money on something I have never heard.
    The products look to be well made and the "plug & play" installation looks attractive as well. They have been advertisers in Roundel for years as well, so that gives them some credibility, and the lack of negative press speaks volumes as well.

Thanks for any replies.

ual767flyr

I installed a BSW Stage 1 kit in my 2002 540i with DSP. It improved my sound quality slightly. I don't think it was worth the $500 for my car. I am a bit underwhelmed. I did not replace the sub. I think the BMW "premium sound" is premium in name only.

The speakers are plug and play but the big effort is getting to the speakers. Took me about five hours total. My rear window shade was particularly difficult. The instructions are good and the online videos helped.

It is sad to say that $300 I spent on a new radio and speakers for my 4Runner sound so much better than my BMW system...........

Peef

I just installed a Stage 1 in my E90 over the weekend. Made a huge difference from the stock system, particularly in midbass.

Install really was plug-n-play - took me about two hours. They provide detailed instructions on their website, and even videos in some cases.

No regrets.