Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Winter months spray wax

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by wretched, Nov 18, 2008.

wretched

I wax my car with Zymol (smells like banana cream pie now!) and now that it is winter would a detailing wax every few days after a wash to remove salt extend the life of the wax? Would a spray wax be better then a detailing wax? I normally use Zymol BMW and Griots products. A specific recommendation from another north salty car driver would be great!

Thanks for any help
    Damien

PS what is that smell of a BMW after you buy it? Used specific! Is that one of those scented BMW interior cleaners?

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

BMW car smell.

I know what you're talking about. My 1991 M5 still has the same smell today. The 2005 X5 I picked up a month ago has that same "new" smell. I think it is the leather interior, I assume yours has that. Further, the dyes and glues also give off scent. I don't think BMW Centers "Spray" any particular scent in the cars, but I could be wrong, especially if the car has been smoked in. The carpet is usually where they would spray anything. I have a "Rug Doctor" and have cleaned my BMWs' carpets numerous times and the smell is still there. Not complaining at all as people always say the car smells like new!!! I have never sprayed any "Pimp Oil" in my cars. Sorry if I've offended any "Pimps" out there...:D

zaxjax guest

I would suggest Duragloss Aqua Wax, it's a very durable spray wax with a great shine and depth to it.

I normally use it for door jambs, hood and trunk lids

Optimum Car Spray Wax is another great product, more expensive and it has good durablity.

Devilsown guest

I personly have walked away from wax's and now use sealants. Klasse, and Menzerna's FMJ they are both very durable and last alot longer then wax Menzerna also has High Gloss Acrylic Shield (Spray Sealant) which is also amazing stuff. Let me know if you have any questions. Almost forgot to say they are all made in Germany! an added bonus.

zaxjax guest

Many people have but the OP is asking about winter waxes to spray on for some added protection!

Spray waxes have come along way in terms of gloss and durability i.e. Optimum and Duragloss

Devilsown guest

yea I know but I still dont trust them... :rolleyes: that and it really dont take me all to long to apply sealant to a mini :p