Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello from Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by lowmagnet, Nov 13, 2008.

lowmagnet guest

Hi, I'm Eli, a first-time BMW owner.

I picked up a CPO 2004 330ci premium/sport in bright red on Tuesday, and I've got a smile on my face just thinking about my shiny 'new' car. :D

I've gotten a lot of compliments on the look and drive of the car. I'm pretty light on the pedal by myself, so I only really open it up when someone else is in the passenger seat.

The amazing thing is that this car outperforms my old 99 accord v6 coupe while keeping roughly the same mpg as a daily driver. Absolutely amazing.

So hello everyone, good to meet you.

granthr

Welcome lowmagnet to the Club and BMW!!! Yes they are awesome cars, I don't think you will be disappointed. Just keep up with routine Maintenence if you plan on keeping this car. If you take care of it, it will take care of you. By the way, in terms of maintenence you should do more than what BMW recommends, i.e. you should do the maintenence programs that BMW use to suggest when they weren't paying for it.

GR

Autohaus guest

Welcome to the BMW family.

Excellent point. Change out your drivetrain fluids also.

lowmagnet guest

By this do you mean the Schedule I and Schedule II maintenance points?

Autohaus guest

He means going beyond that. For example, BMW claims to change out spark plugs every 100K miles. That is hogwash. Best to do a full tune-up every 60K miles (plugs, fuel and air filter and valve cover gasket). Change the tranny fluid (auto or manual) every 30K and differential fluid every 30K as well.

granthr

I mean going beyond what BMW currently does. In the older Bentley Manuals it gives a list of when maintenance should be done. If you email Mike Miller at Tech Talk he will send you his recommended service beyond what BMW is currently recommending. It is a good idea to do more than what BMW currently recommends only if you plan on keeping the car for the long term.

Sorry I don't have mileage numbers with me here at work. I just looked at this tread for the first time since last week.

GR

MFarisE39 guest

Sweet ride. Post some pics for us and make yourself a nice avatar.
    Welcome and enjoy.