Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What's your favorite bimmer model? What's #2?

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by stevehecht, Nov 12, 2008.

PatriXe30 guest

Yea I love my 325iX but ive always wanted an e31 840Ci

joe2skate guest

#1 my car
    #2. Alpina B12 5.0 Coupe
    #3 Z4 M coupe

Irish1

Well, that's exactly what I have: a 1989 325is and a 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe. Both are light, responsive, great brakes, great engine sound.

TeamStowell We love driving!

I would have to go with the E24 Euro followed by the latest mCoupe.

epbrown01

My favorite is my Z4 M Coupe. It's fun to drive, but it's also a work of art inside and out. I can literally sit and admire it. I've had a lot of people of artistic bent approach me about the car - an architect once stopped me in a parking garage to do a walk around, while his young assitant looked on with a "what? I don't get it, it's a car" expression. :) The Z4MC and the E60s really show what flame-surfacing was meant to achieve, especially at night prowling city streets; they're really made to have light play over their surfaces while moving.

My 2nd favorite would be the E92 3-series - it's simply a beautiful, elegant shape; oddly I don't like the E92 M3 as much, the sideskirts and hood bulge detract from it.

My favorite vintage BMW is the 2800CS/3.0CS; my 2nd favorite is 2002, as just an awesome piece of industrial design. I wish I could daily drive either without Chicago's salted roads eating them alive.

528eta guest

I would also have 1 up the 330i ZHP. Then an E28 because their built bulletproof.

tiFreak

I would love to have an E36 touring

[IMG]

doesn't have to be an Alpina but i wouldn't mind ;)

330indy1

#1, the neo-classics:
    e38, e39, e46

#2, the future:
    e85 (roadster) [I am clearly biased here]

I think the recent (past 5 years) designs are a bit goofy. Maybe over time they will play out differently.
    I do like the latest designs, getting back to the roots of BMW.
    taut, muscular, understatement.

330indy1

e46 M3 coupe > e46 ZHP
    Sorry guys but the e46 M3 coupe puts to shame the look of a ZHP/S54 concept, as you're cooking it up....
    IMHO of course :)