Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Need suggestions for personalized plate on a M3

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by DevildogM3, Mar 13, 2008.

DevildogM3 guest

I need suggestions for a personalized plate. I believe my state has space for 7 letters. Please no profanity... I have a 2004 Silver M3 coupe with the SMG. No mods as of yet.

chicane

How about: "BMW M3"
    :D

"SMG M3", "MTHREE".... a personalized plate is well, personal.

Bill Howard

You don't want profanity or it's just that Texas won't allow it? <g>

With M3, or M3 transposed to 3M, you can get some interesting words in the rear view mirror, except maybe people think you sell Postits for a living.

VioletM3 guest

Assuming your silver is Titanium Silver Metallic, you could go with TIAG M3. TiAg refers to the periodic table of elements. Ti being Titanium and Ag being silver. You'll see people reference TiAg around most of the BMW forums. But it might be taken being somewhat popular.

CryNoMo guest

3vomm
    Tuo 3vom
    Yawa Vom

Das Gut

sicmofo

ve go ya

me go now

no offcr

mpower

3mer

3m pwr

rock it

bye bye

dsc off

uber bmr

d zug (slang for rocket fast in German)

CryNoMo guest

le car
    das auto
    das boot
    led foot
    m3 n me

CryNoMo guest

or
    yo mama

DevildogM3 guest

Good replies so far. :D Keep them coming.

LarrySolomon guest

If you drive like I do, keep the plate as is. The less memorable the better.

330indy1

good point!!

in fact try to get the 'Bond' plate that rotates

magruder guest

My plate in Va is: INLINE 6
    I love to see the look on the z28 and z350 guys as I blow by.

Magruder

M3Driver guest

I feel your pain brother.....I've paid for my fair share of "city improvements"....;)

(I didn't pick that signature line out just by accident...)

snikwad guest

personalized plates are so ghey

8k RPM
    E46 S54
    SMG S54

DennyM3

Cop Magnet

I agree with Larry. Not that M3's are a dime a dozen, but any anonimity is welcome where the enforcers are concerned!!

snikwad guest

Yep, the last thing u need is multiple reports of a silver bmw with such and such plates flying by or doing anything illegal. Then the cops will be looking out for u, waiting for a chance to nail u.

I got one of them VA plates with just 6 #s no letters and a seal in the middle.
    That's all the cool plate for me. Tho I'm fixing to put a deutschland plate on beneath the front on tho.

HoustonScott guest

8u Up
    Runvs
    No Dixie
    Two Cam
    No V8

mdheller guest

Agree with larry, in the post before. I have a custom plate that says c0mmi and I have thought about taking it off and switching back many times. If you like to drive fast, and more importantly if you pass people a lot you might want to just leave a standard plate.

I think the plate will depend on the message you are looking to give. If you are looking to get some races then you would want something different than if you are trying to theme your car. what kind of message are you looking to put out? I'll follow up with some suggestions after...

jdbunda

I have always thought the car makes statement enough, a vanity plate is totally unnecessary! Seriously, though, I don't like to draw attention, either. No bumper stickers, no politics, no religion. That said, my state offers numerous "specialty plates" that in addition to giving a little bit of a dress-up, also use proceeds to directly support various state agencies, such as arts, wildlife, etc. I do have one of those, with a random number, but it gives a bit of a different look.

I did see one I liked at at a club event recently though - M333HP...

knightwill

Your User Name implies you are a Marine. (There are no ex-Marines.) My license plate is SMPER FI. Not M3 related, but a thought.