Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Meet/Drive Kinston, NC

Discussion in 'Concours & Show/Shine' started by sonicbob82, Nov 2, 2008.

sonicbob82 guest

Would anyone be interested in a meet/drive starting in Kinston, NC going to wherever? Open for suggestions. I was thinking about the drive going to Greenville, NC for lunch at Parker's Chicken & BBQ, then back through Goldsboro, NC to Kinston. I was thinking about doing this on 16 Nov 2008. It is a Sunday because I personally have to work most Saturdays. We could all meet at SALE BMW in Kinston around 10am so we can meet and greet everyone before the drive. Please let me know.

Robert

sonicbob82 guest

bump. anyone?

Autohaus guest

I would go, but I'm a tad bit too far ;). Too bad alot of avid BMW drivers don't know about this forum. Try going on bimmerforums.com and check out the regional forums to set up/look for meets in your area.

sonicbob82 guest

thanks man. i'm gonna check it out. you've got quite the collection of cars. lemme get them rims on that 5 series!

sonicbob82 guest

test of new signature

Autohaus guest

If you do plan a meet/cruise through the bimmer forums, just make sure you have a mature crowd attending. Alot of young kids like to do 150 :rolleyes:. Those Style 5's are a dime a dozen :)

Test passed.:D

sonicbob82 guest

radiator hose just took a crap on me. coolant all gone... :( engine got REALLY HOT!!! hopefully fixed tomorrow.

Autohaus guest

Did the gauge go to the red? If you managed to not damage the head, then thank your lucky stars.

sonicbob82 guest

oh yeah....gauge went red! i shut it down right away though. so far she seems to be ok. i was driving her today and whe was pulling harder than ever....i cleaned the MAF Sensor ;)

Autohaus guest

Thats good that you were able to avoid a costly repair. Nice E46. Just like my wife's, only hers is silver (too common) and its a xi. We plan on getting the ZHP front spoiler and 17's to replace the stock 16's. If you are wishing for an E30 to play with, a great find is on autotrader.com. Its a E30 M3 with only like 4K miles for a whopping total of $55k!

sonicbob82 guest

wow...that's a steal!!! LOL!! people are crazy. by the way, i painted the stock 16's BMW Logo Blue. kinda crazy and not too sure if i like it. i think i'm going to strip them down and go black on them this weekend. i have a hookup for powder coating, but don't really want to be without a car ALL weekend ya know

Autohaus guest

I hear you. If I didn't have a any of my BMW's for an amount greater than a few seconds, it would be torture. Is your E46 lowered or is that the sport suspension set-up (same difference).

sonicbob82 guest

i put the Eibach Pro-Kit on it. LOVE IT!! didn't compromise any ride quality and acheived a great look! not to mention it corners a whole lot better!! so the rims ARE going black this weekend. I have given up on having a meet/drive. apparently nobody wants to so i'm just gonna paint my rims, replace the coolant tank, put the new lower control arm bushings on, and call it a weekend.

Autohaus guest

When you put the lowering springs on it, did you need to have a camber kit installed (front and/or rear) or did the 4-wheel alignment solve any negative camber?

sonicbob82 guest

camber kit is needed. i did not put one on thought. the front doesn't really need it, but the rear does for sure. i like the way the car high speed corners with the camber the way it is. it's all up to your driving taste though. tire wear has been pretty even despite the camber as well.