Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Oil change on 335i

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by traknut, Mar 12, 2008.

traknut guest

Hello,
    Just bought a new 335i with sport pack. Love it! The manual does not give any info on oil changes. I want to do it myself. When the car has 1000 miles on it I want to change the oil. Do they assume that everyone takes their cars to the dealer for everything? How much oil does it take with filter? The service is included for 4 years, but I don't want to wait until the computer says I need oil. The manual really disappointed me. I am used to Porsche manuals, where they give us more credit as car guys to be able to do simple things like change oil. Any thoughts?

2002man guest

335i Oil Change

You may need to sreach the internet for a new cd version of BMW TIS, which is they PC bast digistocs computer system. But the only one I have seen goes up to model year 2006 or 07 but I am not 100 percent sure if there is a new version out there. Try BAVauto.com for more help, they had a cd past BMW repair cd-room on there, but it only works with certine londer MS windows and no XP or Vista.

2002man guest

335i turbos

Do you now the company that made the turbos for you car? Only BMW turbo brand I know of is KK&K which they but on the 2002 turbo.

330indy1

I think the turbos are from Mitsubishi (?)

I would change the oil @ 1200 miles as a 'break-in' service. Of course the dealer will not pay for this. But it may be a good idea to have the dealer do it anyway.

This is part of the regimen for M cars.