Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help with a 73' 02

Discussion in '114 type 1600, 2002, 2002ti/tii (1967-1976)' started by CROSSON9, Nov 2, 2008.

CROSSON9 guest

Hi everyone! I need help installing a windsheild washer bottle and pump, the car I bought did not come with any of this system.Finding pics of how and where the plumbing is supposed to run are hard to find; I have the bottle, pump and jets and nothing else. If anyone can take some pictures and give some advice that would be a big help.
    Thanks!

MGarrison

You might try emailing Mike Self if no one has some pics/info for you.

John in VA

The 2 wires with a terminal plug for the wash motor and the clear reinforced hose to feed the nozzles should run from the firewall to the bottle mounting location on the passenger's side of the engine compartment (between the shock tower & nose panel). There should be a metal bracket attached there to hold the bottle.

bcording

73 2002tii Windshield Washer

I have a fully restored 73 2002tii with a windshield washer that works.

I am located in Chantilly, VA and would be willing to drive a reasonable distance to show you how it is installed, or you could visit to see it first hand.

I will be at the Deutsche Marque Concours at Nottoway Park this Saturday, May 3, weather permitting. I have several pictures but don't see how they would help.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Buck Cording
    bcording@cox.net,

Bimmerdan

What year did they start mounting the washer bottle on the driver's side, above the brake booster? Was that when they went to the big bumpers ('74)? That's where mine is located but mine's a '75.

It's a really stupid place to mount it because if it leaks (which it does) it will drain straight down into the frame rail (which it did) and cause the driver's side frame rail to rust (which it has), requiring you to repair said frame rail (which I did). Makes a lot more sense to mount it on the passenger side!

John in VA

Yep.

Yep.

bcording

Pictures of Washer Bottle in 73 2002tii

I'm not sure how to attach pictures to a reply to these threads. If this doesn't work send me your email address and I will send what I have.

Buck Cording
    bcording@ cox.net

CROSSON9 guest

Thank you all for your help in the matter, I have been off of the site for a while and was surprised to see so many responses. I will order the parts from BMW mobile tradition soon!
    Thanks again T.J.