Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Dealer Service Recommendations for DC Metro

Discussion in 'BMW' started by jbasedow30, Nov 1, 2008.

jbasedow30

Hello all-

This is my first post and also my first BMW (1 series). I just got back from my ED trip to Germany and will be taking re-delivery in about another 5 agonizing weeks at the PC. My question is where do DC metro Bimmer owners take their car for service/warranty work?

I bought my car from a dealer in the midwest so I need to find a dealer in the area that has a good reputation for customer service (i.e. will take care of problems no matter how small, and preferably one that will give you a loaner despite not buying the car there). I realize that this may be asking a lot, but was hoping that there may be one out there.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

jb

1996 328ti guest

:D :D
    Good luck. I think you will find mixed opinions about every dealer in the DC area.
    None of them are very good. Stay away from VOB. You in NoVA or MD?

Back in 98 I used Passport. Also brought 2 dozen bagels and cream cheese everytime I went there. Always made sure the techs new who brought them. Tried to keep them away from the sales. That being said, I always got good service.

Some only give loaners to their sales customers.

You will probably find more info at http://forum.nccbmwcca.org
    Whoever you use, take care of the techs. They seem to stay put.
    Service advisors seem to move around from dealer to dealer.

jbasedow30

Thanks for the reply. I'm in MD. I've found mixed reviews as well. Right now I'm leaning toward Tischer BMW of Silver Spring. They seem to be the best (based on reviews) of a not so stellar lot.

1996 328ti guest

I've used Tischer once. No complaints there.
    They do have one of the best parts departments in the area.
    20% off MSRP on over the counter parts.

chicane

• Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

RRT? They suck. Just kidding. My brother is one of the founding partners there. Unfortunately for you, they are not a dealer, and the only loaners they have are race car rentals for the track. Doubt that will help you. However, for all your other needs including your in between factory recommended oil changes, go there.

jbasedow30

Thanks for the replies!

daranco guest

possible BMW service providers

Although I haven't purchased by BMW335i vert yet, I've visited a lot of dealerships, and the one that impresses me the most is Russel BMW on rt40. Like I said, I haven't dealt with their repair department.... but their willingness to spend time with me - even though I told them I wasn't ready to buy for several months - was impressive.

Also, one of my mechanics (who works at Goodyear and who has 3 Bimmers!) recommended Russel.... you might want to at least check them out.... good luck;

lenhart1

I bought my car at VOB in Rockville, MD... I moved to boston shortly after and then to chicago...now I'm in baltimore...

Ask for Gint as your service rep at VOB... I had a really bad experience with the last service at the dealership in chicago and VOB took care of it... I'm not fond of the enterprise loaders rather than a BMW, but I would say that VOB is the best out of the three dealers that I've had my car serviced at....

rpeacoc

DC area service

Other comments notwithstanding, I've had fine warranty service at VOB for 3 3-series I've owned since 1995. All have been done by Blue Team. For non-warranty work, I've been going to Excluservice for at least 10 years. Not cheap, but always done right and without extra unneeded work tacked on.