Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

135 i Radio

Discussion in 'E81/E82/E87/E88 (2004-present)' started by DSBissell, Oct 30, 2008.

DSBissell

I recently got a 135i and I LOVE it - except for the radio. I got the car mainly for track events - high speed DE's and autocross, so spent my money on active steering and paddle shifters. So, I went with the basic radio system. I am not an audio-phile, but I hate this radio. The variable volume is driving me crazy. Variable volume - you know, where the volume goes down as you let up on the accelerator. Is there anyway to turn this feature off completely? If I turn it off completely, will it disable the mute aspect when I have a phone call?

Thanks!

mattm

Somewhere in the owner's manual are instructions for reducing the amount it detents the volume or disables it altogether. I know my E46 has instructions on it. I think my E36 has it, too.

DSBissell

Thanks, and yes, I've found the setting that controls the 'detents'. I'll keep looking for where I can disable it. Headed to an autocross today.

mattm

There might not be a disable/off mode for the radio. No detent might be the only setting.

What's an "autocross?" :D

That's no fair saying you are going to an autocross. Most clubs up in the northeast have wrapped up for the year. :( Good luck at the autocross. If you need some rear Hoosier A6 Racing Tires, I have a slightly used pair of 275-35/18 for sale ($225 + shipping).

DSBissell

Ah, one of the beautiful things about living down south. Our best weather is from October to June - with an occasional cold day below 50 or so. So we really can play all year 'round. I had a blast today. We'll keep times tomorrow.

I'll keep your Hoosiers in mind, as we've already worn out the front run flats. I'll have to check with my car tech to see if they'll work with what I have.

2AD Tanker

Yes, you can turn off the variable volume setting. It is in the options of the radio system.