Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

1984 533i

Discussion in 'E28 (1982-1988)' started by rds1c, Mar 11, 2008.

rds1c guest

Need info on the 390 mm mag (size etc) that came as original equipment on the above model. Thanks!

richardodn

BMWCCA1

A BMW OE 15" wheel from an E34 5-series ('89-95) or E32 7-series ('88-94) will fit without modification, use your old lug bolts, and take a 205/60x15" tire perfectly. They are commonly available used for around $200 a set or slightly more depending on the style. Decent tires in that size are less than $100 each. Alternately, a complete new set of 15" or 16" wheels and tires from Tire Rack would cost still way less then four new TRX tires.

alanida

The only place which sells the original Michelin tires for metric BMW rims is Coker Tires. They purchased the mold from Michelin years ago and can reproduce them. Unfortunately, a set of 4 will run around $1,450.00.

granthr

Tire technology has really come a long way and I would recommend not using the TRX tires unless this is just a garage queen and you want it to be period correct. Otherwise there really is no reason to use them.

lkchris

Having owned an '83 533i from new, I'd disagree these were great tires.

In fact, my evaluation is that they are totally traction free.

MGarrison

You say they ARE traction-free?? I presume you're not still running on a 27 year old set of tires...?

granthr

He is and THAT is why they are traction free!!!! :D :D