Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

A few pics....

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Autohaus, Oct 10, 2008.

Autohaus guest

Some pics...

MFarisE39 guest

Are those all yours? Nice.

Here's a couple from here...

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Autohaus guest

Yup, all mine. I call them the poor mans bimmers! Nice E52 (Z8) you have. Come by NY so I can "test drive" it :D.

granthr

Chris: You have some great cars there. I love the E28, I have always been a fan of this car, really all the BMWs from the 80s. I also really like your sport package wheels on your E39. Those are just great wheels! Pain to keep clean, but in my mind worth it! I have BBS basket weaves on two of my BMWs.

GR

Autohaus guest

Thanks! Those wheels are always clean because I clean them two (2-thats right) times a day. My wife gets :mad: at me for not spending too much time with her and making sure they are clean :eek:. However, I also do her wheels :).

az3579

Doing her wheels doesn't make up for time you spend cleaning your wheels instead of being with her. :p

I barely cleaned my wheels since I got them - that's what I have Chris for. :D

Autohaus guest

Wrath of GOD shall follow you for not cleaning your wheels! I wonder how many laps we are allowed to run on Sunday.

az3579

You mean how many laps of brake dust can you clean? lol

Autohaus guest

I will clean my wheels before/after the laps :cool:. Your on your own buddy :D.

Arash2002tii guest

I've fallen in love with your E28 :eek:. Awesome collection you have there.

az3579

Bah, I don't need you... I can do it myself, thank-you-very-much! :p

It really does look a lot better in person. Sure, it looks 20+ years old, but it's still a fantastic bit of kit. He's got Basketweaves on there and it's lowered, so it's what mine should look like if I wasn't a cheap bastard and I'd cough up money for a lowering kit. lol
    Now if only the hordes of M badges made it go faster... :)
    If it wasn't automatic, I'd coax Chris into letting me drive it...

Autohaus guest

She is 22 years old and counting (7/86 production). I am not too crazy about the NY plate looking bootleg on the side. However, I just love the euro plate look.

Autohaus guest

He's got Basketweaves on there and it's lowered, so it's what mine should look like if I wasn't a cheap bastard and I'd cough up money for a lowering kit. lol

Get it dropped and get the front bumper kit [/QUOTE]

Now if only the hordes of M badges made it go faster... :)

It does. I get a 0 HP increase, so its something, right :confused: [/QUOTE]

If it wasn't automatic, I'd coax Chris into letting me drive it...
    Hey hey now. Do not be dissing my 4speed automatic! She has been with me since day 1 of my BMW passion :D
    [/QUOTE]

az3579

Well until someone offers to let me drive their DCG car, I will hate automatics. And yes, I consider it an automatic; it's got an auto mode. :p

Seriously though, I've only driven one auto BMW and that was a '97 328i. It went like stink, but I couldn't stand the gearbox. The gear changes were really slushy and not as sharp as I was hoping (didn't always shift immediately when it should have). I hate the delay when you have to ease your foot off the throttle for it to shift. Bah.

Of course I *might* change my mind if that E28 could be taken for a spin... or better yet, Carol's 325xi. :D

Autohaus guest

Shouldn't you be working? Look everyone! Botond is working for a company just like Skynet. We all know what that is going to lead to! Have you ever driven an E46 before?

Arash2002tii guest

I've driven my friend 300ci on a windy road and I have to say I don't like its feel compared to the 2002 or E30's I've driven. It was automatic by the way.

az3579

What the heck is Skynet? And no, I haven't driven an E46...

Stop teasing... :(

It hurts enough to know I've never driven an M car, don't rub it in with other cars I haven't driven either...

Autohaus guest

Skynet is what ended most of human mankind in the Terminator movies. I am sure you have seen them. Back to the point, I have only driven 2 M cars and they were both 98 M3's. They were fun :D. I'll let you drive the xi, though it is a steptronic!