Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Euro Car Festival

Discussion in 'E24 M6 (1987-1998)' started by Eric Reed, Oct 9, 2008.

Eric Reed guest

Hey, just checking if anyone besides myself and ChuckZ were going to be at the Festival in a little over a week? If you haven't been and can make it, I would highly recommend it. Every year I've been has been great, and I've been abe to see new (old) cars every time. Last year my favorites were a pristine Austin Healey 100S, and a 1950-something Nash with body and interior by Touring of Italy. Oh and the red Z1 was certainly cool.

Take it easy,

Eric

granthr

Sounds interesting. Any details, Where, When, etc?

GR

Eric Reed guest

Sorry. It occurs on the BMW plant grounds in Spartanburg, SC. It is open to all cars with pretty much any connection to Europe (for example, Merkurs and DeLoreans are welcome along with the Ferraris, Triumphs and BMWs, of course. It is the weekend of the 18th. Here is a link:

http://www.euroautofestival.com/about.aspx

Hope you can make it. If you want to enter your car in the show, you can register the morning of.

Eric Reed guest

For anyone who does get to go and hasn't been before, don't forget to cruise the parking lot as well as the regular show. Alot of people break out their cool cars and drive to the show even though they don't enter.

In case you can't tell, I am getting excited. I love going to the show. Get their early (8am-ish), and you can see and hear most of the people driving the cars in. That's my favorite part. They have German food available, the BMW museum is open for a walk through and almost everyone I've met has been very nice to talk to.

I've finally entered the show this year with my M635. So if you see her (the red one in the picture) feel free to stop by and say, "Hey". I'm doing all the driving events this year so I'll be in and out.

granthr

Sounds like a great show!! I wish I lived a little closer, I am in PA. I have been to the Museum a number of times and did a factory tour once. Unfortuantly I don't think I will be able to make it. I will have to remember though for the future.

GR

Eric Reed guest

Too bad, I'd love to see your M3! I finally got a buddy of mine to come down from DC so he'll be joining me at the show. Hope you can make it in the future. I think it's worth the drive.

granthr

From what you described it sounds like it is defiently worth the drive. I will keep it in mind.

I love your M6. I really like the way the original 6 series looks. My friend had one for a while and it was awsome. He had a B&B Tri flow exhaust on it. And it sounded amazing. It was on the loud side though!:cool:

GR

granthr

I just read your previous post closer. Is your sixer a euro M635? If so is it a 1988?

GR

cmking guest

I'm definitely going! I live like 10 mins south of the plant off Pelham Rd and have been going every year for 4 years now. Never ceases to amaze me...

I visit the museum pretty regularly but I'm so excited about the show. The food is awesome too! I'm trying to get Alex Roy to come down, but it might be too short notice.

Along with me I'm bringing a couple friends with an E30, E36 M3, S2K, 323ci...should be alot of fun

Eric Reed guest

GR,

Yes it's the Euro M635, and it's an '85. I always loved the lines of the car the most with the slimmer bumpers. I'd wanted one since they were new, but couldn't afford it on a 15 year old's budget. When I finally got to the point of being able to afford one, I stayed in touch with the previous owner of my car for about 3 years before finally being able to get it. I couldn't be happier. I wanted red with a black interior. It's only got about 73K miles. It had sat for a few years inside a warehouse so I have had to fix a few things as I have been driving it, but again, I couldn't be happier.

CMKing,

Be sure to look for me at the show. I live in Spartanburg myself so, fortunately for me, this is an easy show to attend as well.

granthr

Eric:

Wow that is a great car. I couldn't quite tell by your signature picture what year or what bumpers it had, too small. That is a great color combination. I love black interiors, that is what all my cars have, actually they are all black on the outside too! :D My 318i had a beige interior that had faded to different shades. So I swapped in a black leather sport interior. I just like the darth vader look I guess.

That is great that you two live so close to the factory. I would probably be over there on a weekly basis if I lived that close! Just to walk through the museum!

GR

Eric Reed guest

Thanks. I like that whole generation of M cars, your M3, the M5 and my M6. I wish I could own at least 1 of each of them. There are too many interesting cars out there, new and old.

Hope you can come down next year. Register your car, and sign up for the driving events and the rally on Sunday as well. The weather here is usually perfect this time time of year.

Take care,

Eric