Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW CCA sticker: Where does it go?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by Forza, Oct 7, 2008.

Forza

I'm a new '02 owner and BMW CCA member. Is there an agreed upon spot to put a BMW CCA window sticker?

granthr

Many people like to put them on the rear side windows either at the leading or trailing edge. Another popular location is the center of the rear window either at the top or bottom. I have seen them other places too, so put them where ever you like, it is your car! :D

On my three BMWs I have them in different locations. On my M3 it is on the rear window at the bottom center. Third brake light is at the top. On my 328is I have it at the top of the rear window, third brake light is at the bottom. On my 318i I have it bottom center on the rear window, NO third brake light! I also have my local chapter decals on the side windows at the trailing edge of the rear side windows on my 318i.

A grill badge is nice too. Historically they were never put in the kidney grill, but on the modern cars BMW no longer gives us side grills! :confused:

GR

az3579

I've got two stickers; one on the lower left corner of the windshield, just below my registration sticker, and the other one is on the same side of the car but on the rear window.

And a USA CCA badge on the front grille, left side of car (as with the stickers) to top it off. :)

If you want a really unique spot, you could put it on your forehead, but that probably wouldn't stick very well...

kkratoch

I have mine on the rear driver's side door window. (obviously on the solid part that does not open :))

MGarrison

I guess that plan to require all new members to have the BMWCCA logo tatooed on their foreheads and behind the left ear got nixed.....
    :p

Jeron guest

I don't put stickers on my cars. Except my DE instructor symbol on the top center of my windshield that I just leave on all the time.

I put a BMWCCA sticker on my truck. It's kinda like having a "My other car is a BMW" bumpersticker.

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

Instructor Symbol ???

Jeron,
    Perhaps I don't get around the country enough, but what is this "Instructor Symbol" you have on your track car? Not poking fun at you, I just have never see one in my years of instructing here in the Midwest. Would love to see a picture if you have one.
    Thanks,

George Kages guest

My '01 Z3 is limited- sticker won't stick to the plastic rear window, so it's up on the left side of the windshield. . .

Very interesting...I have not seen that. We have a different method, apparently, here in the midwest. Instructors are given a number 00 thru say 99. If Instructor 05 has a student in Run group 2 and another in group 4 the students' numbers would be 205 and 405 respectively. That allows the student to know their instructors car number is 05 and the instructor can quickly pick out his students car. Also, if the run group on track is group 2 and there is a car out there with a 300 or 400 number, it is easily recognized and using the last two numbers, the instructor for that car can be easily contacted. The only stickers on the windshield are tech inspection stickers and/or a "sign off" sticker with the instructors signature on it. We find the numbers on both rear windows is easier for track officials and corner workers to see. I do like the color code and I am sure it works fine.

Jeron guest

We have numbers too but they are meaningless. We usually provide numbers to students which is a cost and we dont always provide numbers to instructors to save money. Many instructors already have permanent numbers on their track cars.

Anyway, if you allow taped on numbers then it would be possible to student to "cheat" and get into other run groups. As far as ease of finding the instructor that is a good system, but it is not uncommon for us to shuffle instructors around during an event for various reasons. We use team leaders who are responsible for knowing the instructing assignments.

Jeron guest

We use a colored sticker on the top center of the windshield to signify the run group at DE events, Green, Blue, Yellow, White, Red. This lets the grid workers know that correct students are going on track. The symbol is different for each club. PCA Austin (Hill Country) is a 911 shape, PCA DFW (Lone Star) is a Star, BMW CCA DFW (Maverick) is a Horse Head.

Red is the instructor run group. I leave the sticker on my car all the time. I dont have to remember to put it on at events and sometimes they run out.

Autohaus guest

Passenger side rear small window FTW.

bradley01 guest

+1

I chose the driver's side so I could see it every time I walked by it! :D

CRKrieger

Well, it's generally hard to 'cheat' the vinyl numbers we generate as stick-ons and provide in the student packet. Sometimes students are bumped to other groups and sometimes, instructors get moved around, but our grid and corner workers and track control can easily keep up with that because it's so infrequent. It's a simple matter to note, for instance, that "Car #409 is running in the 300 group this session." The workers (ours are paid, not student 'pick-ups') may be wearing headsets for the whole day, but they usually don't have all that much to discuss out there.

I know of no one who has ever intentionally gone out without authorization in the 'wrong' group like you suggest. Why would they? :confused:

The answer to the original poster's question is a simple "No."

bradley01 guest

Sorry to butt in...I just saw in the scrolling pictures on the BMWCCA home page that there is a BMWCCA pin or sticker or plackard in one of the pictures. Where can i get one of these? I would be willing to purchase it if necessary. Thank you!

EDIT: Here is the picture I was talking about:

[IMG]

Anyone know where/how I can get one? :eek: :confused:

If an instructor takes a student out in his own car in the instructor run group to show him something, the students car will not have an instructor number, or colored sticker, as in your described system. We simply tell the grid master we are taking out a student in his car and they radio it to all corner worker the number and color of the car as to not flip them out when the apparent novice student in his Lotus Elise is running with the Instructors. We find this a great way to show students they can "trust" their car when pushed a bit. We further find students appreciate it and really start to advance when they realize their car can be driven at a higher level than they are currently displaying. I'm not knocking what you're doing at all, please don't think I am. Just curious because if there are better, easier ways of getting something done, I'm all for using that!!:D
    Have a great weekend.

granthr

I believe you posted a picture of one of two grill badges you can get for your car. I have the one that is in the shape of the US. See my picture. After being a member for five years, the club will mail you a lapel pin. It looks like the picture you posted as well.

Call the national office to purchase items. I don't think they have them on the website yet. Correct me if I am wrong here people! :D

GR

Grill Badges...

This, and the US map version, are available here. Go to the top of this page to the dropdown box Members Community on the Right hand side. Then click on Marketplace > BMW CCA Store > Regalia. It is half way down the page and sells for $24.95.

I have the US map version as the one you requested. The US map version is a bit smaller and takes up less grill room, but I like them both.

Lots of new goodies on the Marketplace.....:D

bradley01 guest

Thank you! I did find the market place on my own, but found it a bit non-user friendly. It listed 4 items, and I did not see where I could look at others. I will click on the "Regalia" link to find other things. Thank you very much!

CRKrieger

Jeff, you and I are on the same page! We do this at Road America. It's them Texicans that're handing out the odd windshield stickerz ... :cool: