Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Simple Green Max

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by jlwsbw, Sep 22, 2008.

jlwsbw

Anyone have experience using Simple Green MAX? I have ordered a couple bottles of this stuff to clean under the hood of my 2000 4Runner, before i use it on my BMWs wanted to get some feedback from anyone...

M3Driver guest

I used Simple Green for a quite a few years when it first came out. I have heard that it was caustic to aluminum parts but don't remember it causing me any problems. However I used it mostly to clean within the wheel wheels and carpet stains.

Due to my work with Army aircraft at one time I had heard that it was banned for use as a a wash due some type of reaction with certain types of metal.

Lexington guest

I've used it to clean bicycle chains and it does a good job but I had some of it get on other aluminum parts and it caused severe discoloration. However, I may not have diluted it enough.

steveb guest

The regular Simple Green is damaging to aluminum, but you can get the one that is Boeing approved, aluminum safe. You can get it at Home Depot.

zaxjax guest

Simple Green Max and Regular Simple Green need to be diluted at least 3:1 to ensure it will not damage aluminum or other metals.