Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

First Oil Change

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Tanker Toad, Sep 10, 2008.

kfin2202

Lars, do it! You never know if you might end up keeping the car and if you don't you've done your part for the next guy and may contribute to another long lived BMW which helps the brand and all of us! Besides, it's just the right thing to do.

194648 guest

Remeber when all BMW's got the 1200 mile service ?

Now only the M cars get it. I also changed the oil this way, in all my vehicles, M and non-M, even other marques. I remember back in the 70's-80's when I was doing alot of mechanic work, we would build a new engine, keep everything spotless inside and out, fire it up, check all the vitals, make sure it was tuned good, check for leaks, stop it, and drain all the oil and replace the filter.
    Then, go drive it gently for a bit before you stand on it.. :)
    I will always do earlier fluid changes than what is deemed necessary, and keep my engines, trannys, and differentials, happy..
    I know, I know, some people do none of this and dont have any issues, except until you pull the valve cover and see a few inches thick of black crud on the underside, etc..
    I dont than, homey dont play that.. :)
    DanF