Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Another newbie from OH

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by G5Ti, Sep 8, 2008.

G5Ti

Hi everyone!

Just a note to say hello. My name is Stan; I live in Columbus, OH, and I took delivery of a 128i this past May. I owned two VWs and a Subaru prior, and I'm ecstatic to have my first true sports car (yes, the 135i is amazing, but some of us have budgets and other interests!). :)

Other vehicles in the family include a 1998 Z3 1.9 (one of the last before the 2.3 switchover) and an '07 MINI Cooper.

I've been snooping on 1addicts for a bit, but figured it was time to join into the BMWCCA and see what the local fanatics are up to!

[IMG]

AirBecks guest

Welcome fellow Buckeye !! OH _ _

I too am a Ohio Bimmer Newbie and lovin it.................

After a two week ED experience in Italy & Germany, I can really say BMW is the ultimate Driving Machine.

Haven't found the roads in NE Ohio quite as challenging, but oh well. Now I need to keep the Highway Patrol from admiring my new 335 ... upclose!

larryj50 guest

Another from Ohio

Yes, I am another BMW fanatic from Ohio. I currently have a 2007 Z4 3.0 si Roadster and a 2008 535xi Sport Wagon. Unless you own and drive a BMW, you cannot really appreciated these fine vehicles.

MWOQ guest

Keep postman in business

Hi, Stan, Beautiful photo! If you're that zonkers for the marque you might want to look at Bimmer Magazine (www.bimmer-mag.org), which offers views from, you might say, a more mature love affair, along with lots of tech talk and new model reviews. And visit CA: yesterday I was practicing, up to 75mph on curvy, hilly back road thru redwood forests (which sure beat those New York Islands)!

G5Ti

I've been a long-time BMW fan. I've toyed with purchasing many, many times, but I felt I wasn't in the best place financially to keep the car in appropriate condition. The previous love affairs included an E82 and a variety of E36 M3s… the 1 reminds me of the original 240hp E36 - not quite as splashy, raw fun, but the 1 is a perfect blend of refined daily driver and fun-inducing weekend playtoy.

AirBecks - I'm envious of the European Delivery. If my work schedule had allowed it, I would've considered either ED or the Performance Center Delivery. Next time, I'm going to make one of them happen guaranteed. :)

MWOQ - I actually just got back from CA. Unfortunately, I was riddled with a base-line (manual exterior mirrors? what?) Mazda 3 as my rental car. Luckily, I wasn't in it much. Would've been way fun to have the 1 when driving out East from San Diego toward the Anza-Borrego desert - there's some amazingly fun, tight curvy twisty roads (and they were completely empty at this time of year).

Are any of you from the Columbus area?