Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Roof Rack advice

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by jlwsbw, Sep 8, 2008.

jlwsbw

I was browsing on the BMWUSA.com site for a roof rack luggage carrier and one of the boxes for my 328xiT. The entire system is ridiculously expensive as you have to have the BMW base. Anyone have any experience with this thing, is it worth the money, etc?

schoi75 guest

I have the base rack and it works great. I use it with my rocky mount to transport my MT Bikes.

Jbeene guest

I ended up getting the base rack. I have a full set of Thule stuff (that naturally was about a quarter inch too wide to fit the e92) but I have to say the factory set up seems much stronger than the Thule set up I had on my e46.

It is also way easier to install and use. Normally I'm not one for being beholden to the factory for stuff like this but now that I've had an opportunity to use the rack and the bike attachments I have to say it is a better set up than what Thule sells.

I think there are adapter kits for most attachments so you can use them with the factory rack.

Try Tischer BMW to buy on line. I think they discount the prices about 20% to 25%.

www.tischerbmw.net

go to the parts button then click "buy parts on-line"