Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Oil Cooler?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by bl335i08, Sep 4, 2008.

bl335i08 guest

Hi people! I was looking through Dinan website and found out my 335i may not have an oil cooler. How do I find out if it does or not? Does anyone know?

PhillyNate

Go on Bimmerfest.com to get an answer faster. I don't have a 335i so I don't know but there is a way they discuss on there by looking behind the passenger side front wheel under the fender. Also if you have the sport package you should have one. Do a search and you'll find out quickly.
    Good luck

mlweaver

The BMW factory installed aux oil cooler is in the right, front bumper - it pulls air from the right front brake air duct. You can see it most easily inside the right front wheel well, it is directly in front of the tire behind a rectangular grill in the front of the inner fender liner. On cars with no oil cooler, you will only see the brake air duct opening. The oil cooler exhaust opening is adjacent to the brake air duct (but oriented horizontally).

The sport package may not include the oil cooler - it depends on the transmission and wheel package options also (very confusing).

bl335i08 guest

ah-ha

Thank you so much for your guidance guys!

JohnnyYuma guest

Cooler.

I just received a July 08 build 335xi with the 18 inch wheels and 6mt and it has the oil cooler and accoring to the mechanic, the redesigned fuel pump.

I just picked mine up last week and I have put about 600 Miles on her, I think I did 400 last weekend. It was fairly warm and my oil temp never cracked 240 although I have heard of some people hitting 270 or more.

Apparently the Dinan oil cooler will keep the temps around 210-220.

Qunadry

Even 240 with the BMW oil cooler is too hot. I looked into the Dinan oil cooler and the cost was $2300 plus installation. I will wave good bye to BMW in early 2011 when the warranty expires on my 335i (there is an excellent independent BMW shop in my area) unless they return to being the company they used to be. I doubt BMW will care unless sales start to fall.