Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Harmon and Kardon Upgrade

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Todbrown, Aug 19, 2008.

Todbrown guest

I just purchased a 330ci 2005 and want to upgrade the sound system. I can do small modifications and have done these to other vehicles. I just wanted to know if the BSW grade 1 speaker package is really good and worth the money or do I need to look to other aftermarket speakers (infinity, JL, etc).

I like my music punchy and clear, but not that loud.

Please advise.

Thanks

Mike88 guest

audio

Interesting - i just purchased a 2005 X5 and posted a similar message asking if anyone has upgraded their system and was it worth the money. My audio is also just fair, so i guess the 2005 base audio package is nothing to write home about. I was surprised that such a nice vehicle would be equipped with such a low end system. i look forward to any replies you get from others who have upgraded their system

Todbrown guest

I bought it

Well despite a poor reply from this forum, I bought the BSW speaker upgrade. the upgrade is very expensive and at first I was disappointed, but after driving around for a couple of days and listening to a variety of music, I changed my mind. The system is fantastic! It is clear and accurate. You hear all the music, not over emphasizing base or treble but just balanced listening. You listen to the music not the stereo. I would recommend it. Of course there are alot of options with other systems, but this is definately one of them. The tool kit is another story - don't bother with that, just get a 20 torx screw driver from a good hardware store and any panel tool from autoparts store.
    T. Brown:)