Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to Forum

Discussion in 'E38 (1995-2001)' started by Silver740, Aug 11, 2008.

Silver740 guest

Hello,

We have been members of the BMW CCA for two years now, but I've finally gotten around to checking out the website. We own a 2001 Titanium Silver 740iL with the Premium, Sport and Cold Weather packages. We bought the car with 45,000 miles from our local BMW dealer; it was previously owned by an United Nations Ecuadorian Diplomat in New York....very clean car. It is my wife's daily driver, and two years later we have 76,000 miles on it. The only problems we've had was a radiator and overflow tank failure (under warranty), lower control arm bushings replaced, brakes and discs replaced, instrument cluster pixel failure (soon to be replaced as BMW NA goodwill gesture) and the high-pressure power steering hose, which is leaking profusely (soon to be replaced at the same time as the instrument cluster).

I sort of have a pic....I took a pic of our 2002 530i Sport (which we no longer own), but you can kind of see the 740iL.

Frederic & Brooke

Gatsby740iL guest

Welcome, Silver, To The BMW CCA!

You have certainly come to the right place for everything BMW! My Fellow Members and Staff are always here to answer your questions, share a story or two, and enjoy the passion we all have that is BMW.

I would recomend bookmarking Real OEM (BMW)-Click Here as an excellent source of schematics and parts list breakdowns for your BMW. If there is something you need to order.. you can pull the OEM part number here and order it up at either your local BMW Center (Dealership) or, for example, Pelican Parts-Click Here.

If anything comes up don't hesitate to ask. Good Luck and Best Wishes!

-Michael
    (Gatsby740iL) :cool: