Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Ronals are on!!! Which means Bottlecaps are for sale...

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Elkoholic, Aug 10, 2008.

az3579

I received one of the wheels today. That's one out of four; hopefully DHL gets their stuff together and delivers the remaining three together...

I cleaned off the wheel with a quick but effective Simple Green job and I must say it looks great from beyond 3 ft. away. Up close it's a bit more... imperfect... than what I was expecting, but if the other three are AT LEAST this good, then I'm happy.

I've got some pics up:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I'm genuinely excited. :)

az3579

[IMG]

[IMG]

(image posting restrictions - the last two)

Elkoholic

Alright man, good deal! Looks like they're in pretty good shape!
    I would look into getting less-yellowed decals on the hubs if I were you...$12.95 ea. from Bavarian Autosport...

stevehecht

Nice job Elkoholic! They look great with the white exterior/black top. FWIW I ordered my Ronals in May, 2007 and they cost $149 each with a tire package from Direct Tire here in Boston (shipping included). I also got the 205/55-15 Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2s. I couldn't be happier. Great minds think alike! I didn't use the roundel caps, just the paste-on emblems. Is that too tacky?

Elkoholic

Haha, thanks, Steve! They look pretty awesome on your black E30, too!
    Seems like you got a really good deal, too...I'm thinking I was the victim of some minor price gouging...meanies. But anyway...the emblem decals look fine. I'm getting to the limit of my patience here--I've been waiting for the roundel hubs for about 9 WEEKS!!! :mad: I think I may just go with the stick-ons and tell them to give me my $11/corner back! :p

Rickbee guest

I hate u jk but yea the 4 lug rims are a little hard to find i was thinking about just changing out mine so i can put 5 lug rims on it. anyone know if this is a good or bad idea oh yea az3579 i still have the bottle caps lol.
    • Technical Service Advisor

mooseheadm5

It would be cheaper to buy good 4 lugs unless you plan to race the car. The really good reason to do it is to get big E36 brakes, not just the 5 lug wheels.

az3579

They are on! Check it out:

Before:

[IMG]

After:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Elkoholic

It looks SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!
    Awesome, bro.

az3579

This offset makes it look like it has a much wider stance. It looks more... butch. I can actually see part of the tire when I lean my head out the window!

I do wish I could have gotten my hands on some of those Ronal LS's though; could've had this look for almost the same price but with NEW wheels. :(

tinkerputzer guest

Where can one obtain roundel center caps for the ronal LS's? Here are mine on my e30 before I pulled the ghetto tint.

Elkoholic

Ya know, I'm still going back and forth with the performance center that sold me the wheels to get the caps. Just sent them an email yesterday. They sent me roundel emblem stickers that are way smaller than the center cap, so the "Ronal" still pokes out...sheesh. It's a special non-factory size--76mm. They sent me 64.5's. They could have tried harder and sent me factory BMW 70's. Fools. Anyone got any suggestions?

az3579

The only two options are:

1. Get really, really, really lucky and find some on eBay from someone who doesn't need them, or
    2. Import then from Germany.

None of which are very likely to happen, so I would say get the 70mm caps and call it a day.

stevehecht

You can order part # 36 13 2 225 190 from Bavarian Autosports and get a 70mm hub cap emblem. That's just 6mm short of 76, and that's just short of .25". I used them on my Ronal centers and they look fine to me.

az3579

Yeah, I've seen them in person and they're not badly done. I didn't even notice that the 70mm ones weren't big enough. They looked genuinely stock to me.

Elkoholic

Good call. I might do that and call it a day if my connections in Cali can't pull it off...

Lance Richert

Wheels are the jewelry of your BMW. I have 4 sets of wheels for my E30. I swap sets every couple of months based on my mood.

You can never have too many E30 wheels. :)

Elkoholic

WOW! I love options, and hey, gotta love accessorizing! ;)