Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW with best combination of sportiness and long-trip comfort

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by Dallasgt, May 13, 2023.

Dallasgt

I have owned a 2014 BMW 550 for 7 years and have been pleased with the car. I also own a 2014 Porsche 911 Carrera which I use occasionally for around-town driving and 5 or 6 times a year for PCA track events. My age and my knees are catching up with me, and I can see the day when I will have to sell the 911 pretty soon. The 911 is not really suited for long distance driving--too noisy and taut suspension--while the 550 is suited for long distance driving.

I am looking for feedback regarding the BMW with the best combination of sportiness and comfort on long trips. The 550 has ample power (445 bhp), but the steering has a somewhat dead center feel, and the suspension is not really set for sporty driving. I would like to find a car that is reasonably quiet at highway speeds (75 to 85 mph), handles reasonably well, and has adaptable cruise control and lane assist.

I appreciate your feedback.

John29466

Please enable Safe Browsing to warn against unsafe URLs

Go to help