Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Need driver's seat control module for 1988 BMW M6- OE part 61113719161

Discussion in 'E24 M6 (1987-1998)' started by jwr, Jan 17, 2023.

jwr

My seat control module is beginning to fail and the seat is too low for me to drive the car now.
    Anyone know how to get this part?
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

MGarrison

Sometimes these older electronics are serviceable (relatively speaking) if you have a bent towards diy-ing electronics. 80's era seat switches, for instance, can be popped apart and contacts cleaned. Service Interval boards in the speedo/tach pod can suffer breaks in the solder on the circuit boards that are fixable with some careful soldering. If there's a problem with an ic chip that's another story, but if it's something like solder breaks or figuring a problem a resistor or capacitor, possibly fixable. Easiest is sourcing a replacement (ebay probably good for that, also post wanted ad in Roundel, also mye28.com, and any forums specific to E24's or 80's BMW's/M-cars) - it might have a unique part number, but maybe just the same as non-m, you can use realoem.com to compare part numbers. Hmm blanking on name at the moment, they've advertised in Roundel in past, that services old car electronics - will post back if I think of it.