Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M4 California car

Discussion in 'North Atlantic Region' started by rmdail, May 2, 2022.

rmdail

We recently purchased a 2018 BMW M4 that was originally purchased and delivered in California. This is a one owner car and we just purchased this vehicle from a dealership in Virginia. I was speaking with another BMW member at a cars and coffee this past week and was told that California has some pretty restrictive emission standards. I’m a little concerned that I might not be getting all the performance pit of the car.

How true is this and how can I tell if performance is being affected by emissions?

Don't freak out about California! Find out if your car was assembled in USA? If so it should be ok for all States as far as emissions. I'm from California and now Florida and have the same Bimmers. Now what I would do is tear off that stock air intake box and install a K&N System. You can actually do this yourself. I think you are asking is my car a dog now because of restriction of air flow and smog devices? I say maybe... so start with the air intake.