Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Things to do at 100k?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Swooz, Mar 1, 2022.

Swooz

I just hit 101K miles on my 09 328i. Bought it new. Stay on top of maintenance. Is there anything special I need to have done soon?

Swooz

So no replies?? Come on people, help me out.

wolkking239

Change all the Engine gaskets
    Coolant lines probably needs changing
    Replace Cabin filter
    Gasoline treatment
    Replace water pump and thermostat
    have more frequent oil changes . Like instead of every 5000 miles I would do every 3000 miles
    Start using 93 at the gas station on fill up.
    Swooz likes this.

ojhengen

I think you don’t need to do anything special. My 2011 335is that I bought new nearly 12 years ago, has 247k miles and still runs like new. I did have to replace a water pump a couple of months ago, plus new injectors (I never cleaned them), plug coils, turbos, shocks and struts. It uses practically no oil (same as when new). I used dealer maintenance exclusively. At about 100k miles I had a Dinan stage three upgrade and replaced the fuel pump and valve cover, which was found to be warped. I am a bit concerned about the possibility of worn wheel bearings, but the vehicle is inspected each time I take it in for maintenance. I used the book oil change intervals, which the garage has now reduced to 8000 miles. I may never give this BMW up. It has done everything I asked of it, including towing my motorcycle trailer.

Swooz

Thanks for the info. Happy to know my car may last many more miles. FYI...I haven't had to to the water pump yet, but had to replace the bushings, shocks/struts, one plug coil and valve cover. Love my Beamer.