Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Candidacy Statement

Discussion in 'Bob Neuman' started by steven s, Jan 3, 2022.

• Staff

steven s

Sacramento Valley Chapter

Hello, I am Bob Neuman, and I am running for Pacific Region Vice President. I’m a member of the Sacramento Valley chapter, where I have held the position of Chapter President for the past three years. I previously held the positions of Membership Chair and Chapter Vice President. I retired from the United States Navy in 2011, having served for 33-years. I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Administration from Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI. and a Masters in Public Administration from Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA.

I feel I’m well qualified for this position based on my chapter positions, leadership skills developed while serving in the U.S. Navy, and my academic credentials. Belonging to what I would consider a medium-sized chapter (475 members), I have developed a keen understanding of how policies put forth by the national board may affect chapters differently. Depending on chapter size and how active they are, the guidelines set forth may or may not affect them (i.e., HPDE, driving tours, etc.). As they say, “one size does not fit all.” If I am elected, this is something I will keep in mind as I represent each chapter within the Pacific Region.

The leadership skills I developed as a Navy Master Chief Petty Officer should serve me well in this position. While serving, I constantly dealt with senior officers and junior personnel, ensuring that each was represented fairly while upholding what was best for the organization. These leadership skills will allow me to listen to each chapter while taking their input and relaying it to the national board before policies are enacted. Finally, my academic background allows me to both develop and analyze policies for the betterment of all.

Thank you for considering me to become your representative as regional vice president.