Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Candidacy Statement

Discussion in 'Scott Cotrell' started by steven s, Jan 3, 2022.

• Staff

steven s

Oregon Chapter

Hello fellow BMW enthusiasts! My name is Scott Cotrell, and I am excited to run for Regional Vice President of the Pacific Region. I’ve had a great love of cars ever since my first BMW CCA event at the age of 17. I enjoyed an SCCA Competition license for several years after and continue to grow my passion to this day. Today, I own three great BMWs: ‘89 E30 325i, ‘85 E28 535i and ‘98 E36 M3 4dr/5sp. Enjoying my cars and meeting with fellow BMW lovers brings me great joy!

I have served as the Oregon chapter President for the last 3 years and as Communications Director prior. I also served for several years on the boards of other organizations. As chapter president, directing an amazing board, we have grown the Oregon chapter to organize over 45 events a year for our members to enjoy. We successfully addressed challenges of the past year and a half, maintaining the ability to navigate ever changing guidelines and still develop a club that is innovative and fun. My time as president has allowed me to build relationships across the county and with many of the Pacific region chapters and their leadership.

The skills and experience I have in supporting the club and other organizations, the 4+ years serving as a board member and Oregon Chapter President, and existing relationships all provide me with the best foundation to serve you as your next Regional VP. As your RVP it is my commitment to help all our members feel connected to the club and each other and to continue fostering an environment for participation and growth. I will partner with chapters directly to develop solutions to address needs or issues that arise and serve as your advocate, providing a strong voice for the Pacific region at the national board level. This is a partnership, and my sincerest wish is to continue serving the BMW CCA and our Pacific members to enjoy, grow and support the club and each other.

I kindly ask for your support and vote for your Pacific Region VP. Thank you.