Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What are the benefits of being an associate member?

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by dweinbach, Dec 25, 2021.

dweinbach

I know the literal answer is "the same as being a member, but without a 2nd copy of the magazine", but that is not my question.

I just got a used BMW, and my wife bought me a membership in CCA. But we didn't sign her up as an associate member. What will we be missing out on? Can she participate in events and outings if she is not an associate member?

Thanks!

Dave
    • Staff

steven s

It's up to your local chapter whether she needs to be a member or not.

dweinbach

Thanks Steven!

How do I go about adding an associate?

Also trying to figure out how to add an associate member.
    • Staff

steven s

Associates can only be added at the time of renewal. To add mid-term, please callthe office.

dottom

The associate member options should allow annual renewals even if the primary member has a multi-year membership. The risk is you don’t lock in the current associate membership price (currently $15/yr), and the next year’s renewal cost could increase.

Sure, pre-paying for 3 or even 5 years probably isn’t a big deal. But when joining as a life member, the cost for the associate membership is $450! I presume that’s based on the current price of $15/yr x 30 years. I’m not sure I’ll be alive in 30 years, let alone driving my BMW.

P.S. The membership sign-up site needs major rework - many bugs and decades-old UX design. And it still says associate membership is $10/yr when it is $15/yr in the shopping cart.
    • Staff

steven s

Where are you seeing the $10 associate fee?