Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Changing Chapters?

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by nanjaria, Mar 3, 2017.

nanjaria

When I initially enrolled in January last year, I must have fat fingered the chapter selection and chose Buckeye instead of Boston. Tried to renew and repay dues to switch over to Boston, but no luck as yet. Registered address with BMW CCA is also in the Boston area.

How does one go about changing chapters? I used the contact form to send an inquiry but didn't hear back from that either.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MGarrison

We've really been wondering just why you hadn't been to any of our local Buckeye chapter meetings! ;)

Seriously, just call the national office, they'll get you squared away or advise what else you might have to do.
    nanjaria likes this.

nanjaria

Maybe one day I'll make a road trip there! Chapter change has been promptly resolved, in response to yesterday's email to Mr Schlossman. Thanks for your help, and hope you have an excellent weekend.
    MGarrison likes this.

jailonacs99

Reviving this old thread to ask the same question. I moved recently and need to change chapters. Who should I contact to do that? Or is it only via renewals? That seems to be the only link on our manage account page that mentions it.
    jheiss likes this.

jheiss

I'm also curious if it is possible to change chapters online. I went through the renewal process since as @jailonacs99 noted it seems to be the only place that shows you your current chapter membership or lets you change it. But it was unclear when I was done whether the new chapter membership would take effect immediately, or when my "renewal" kicks in next year.
    • Staff

steven s

You can only change chanpters at the time of renewal, but the change won't take place until your next membership term. You can alwasy call the office or email membership@bmwcca.org.

BTW, I changed your current chapter to your new chapter.