Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

No drill license plate holders?

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by jsokolov, Jul 22, 2020.

jsokolov

• Staff

steven s

I'd wait for the 3rd ticket before deciding. Some states seem to be worse than the other when it comes to front plates.

charlson89

I have a similar plate holder on my M3 and I like it a lot. Just don’t take your car through a car wash they can cause damage to the car.

Scott

Some people are fortunate to live on the border of two states—one requires a front plate and the other does net—so that law enforcement is used to seeing cars with no front plates. Such front-plate scofflaws have gone years with no tickets. Or so I'm told.

You can always keep the Platypus-mounted plate in the trunk and in case you get stopped, tell the officer that you recently had a photo shoot with the car and forgot to re-mount the plate. Your car is good-looking enough that it's believable, but you might want to have some really good shots of the car on your phone, just in case. [IMG]

mattm

Take your plate off and put it in a good scanner and scan it. I'd recommend a .jpg (keep the size 1 to 1). Take the file to your local sign shop and tell them to make a sticker out of the image. When completed, take it out to the front bumper and apply (or let the sign shop do it). If done correctly, you can't tell it's a sticker at 20' or more. Done by a friend. :^)

Attached Files: