Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Vintage parts sources

Discussion in 'BMW' started by dharrison, Sep 3, 2020.

dharrison

Apologies if this has been covered. Longtime member but forum newbie unsure how to search forum content properly.
    I am hoping to find body trim parts for an '87 635CSi. I would very much appreciate source leads for vintage OEM parts. For example, is https://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/ a reliable vendor? Are there alternatives?

Thanks for any guidance.
    DeWitt Harrison
    Boulder, CO

charlson89

dharrison

Seems like a good idea but the site would not allow me to register as "United States of America" is not one of the allowable countries. Perhaps they will do business with me anyway?

charlson89

Should be able to since the classic certified dealers use a internal version of that site in the us to order parts.

You can also use this dealer finder to locate a classic certified dealer that might be able to help.
    https://bmwusaservice.com/classiccars

dharrison

Thank you very much, "charlson89," for these leads! I will hopefully report positive experiences in the near future.

Michael Salaniuk

Actually if you go to realoem.com with your last 7 of your VIN you might be suprised to see what may be available from BMW. You could go to the bmw dealer with part numbers and be an informed buyer....However they have ability to access the Classic BMW part availability system. If you see the word "Ended" by the part number it may well be no longer available. Also finding a dealer that can perform a USA dealer search they could research for you. If you have a specific part not available through the new part system....Go to the appropriate forums and post a wanted to buy request.