Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Electric gremlin

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Touring525i4dawgs, May 18, 2020.

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

A while back I posted a thread about a dead flat battery that occurred in a 2 day time period. When I got the car back from my mystified mechanic. The next morning I was shopping and hit the door lock button on the key. The drivers side door would not lock. I tried it a few more times with the same outcome. So here is the question. Could the door lock interface keep trying to lock the door for 2 straight days. So it was using power to try and lock the door and this might be the issue?

charlson89

Possible, but to confirm would have to do a draw test to see if there is a draw. Then unplug fuses for components until the draw goes away. What ever you unplug that causes the draw to go away is causing the issue.
    Touring525i4dawgs likes this.

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

Great idea. Since this one time occurrence nothing like this has happened again. I do have to usr the key to unlock and lock the doors since the drivers side auto lock is inoperative. guess next move is find that problem.