Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

bmwfan

Discussion in 'F22 (2014–)' started by kvscally, Aug 5, 2018.

kvscally

I purchased a 2016 M235i cabriolet in February 2017 with 9,000 mile on it. It was a cpo and now has 37,000 plus mile on it -- love driving it. Lately I have been considering having my dealer install a Dinantronics Performance Tuner Stage 1 kit on it. Based on Dinan's literature it is my understanding that it adds 40 bhp and does not affect drivability or mpg. Do you have or do you know any one who has installed and has real world experience with it. How accurate are Dinan's claims?

charlson89

I don't install them since Dinans new dianatronics has been causing many issues with vehicles. Random check engine lights, rough running. I have taken more of them off than installed.

kvscally

Thank you very much for your reply,
    will just stick with what I have

junior1954

I had a '17 M240i X with a Dinan Elite and loved it. When my wife drove it it would invariably throw a code. It would disappear when I drove it again. I can only presume it likes a slightly heavier foot than my wife's. I didn't beat the car but it was unbelievably fun to exercise it and LOVED the way the Dinan transformed it. It was totaled last week (mechanic made an error, motor fried) and I'm waiting for my '19. I have no experience with other tunes and liked Dinan's warranty. I think the car was faster than a stock M2 but didn't beat me to death as a daily driver. It was as docile or powerful as I wanted it to be. Man, I miss her.

3hawks

Just installed Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 octane on my M235i. Few miles as of this writing though good reviews. Dinan stuff is about 3 times as expensive and you will not need to upgrade your tires; (told it isn't an option) Figure it out. Very happy with mine to date. 40 hp and 80 ft lbs. A nice increase without creating a scary car. FWIW.