Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Problem connecting to APPS via Bluetooth

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by tpiccol67, Nov 12, 2019.

tpiccol67

I have a 2017 330ix (purchased CPO approx 6 months ago) and have always had issues with consistently connecting to music apps (Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music) in ConnectedDrive through Bluetooth. My phone is an iPhone 7 with latest iOS.

Regardless of iOS (as I've gone through about 3 updates since ownership), on rare occasion, all 3 apps (Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music) are available without any user interaction. The majority of the time, the APPS box is not checked off rendering all 3 apps to not be available.

At this point, within ConnectedDrive, I must remove the device and reconnect in order to see the music apps displayed in ConnectedDrive. This only works 50% of the time, with the other 50% requiring me to have one of the music apps open on my phone for the apps to be available on ConnectedDrive. It's very frustrating as there is no rhyme or reason for what makes it work.

Initially, I called BMW Genius and was told there was a compatibility issue between BMW servers and Amazon Music. When I took to dealer for routine maintenance they blame it on my phone.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue? It's extremely frustrating.

charlson89

BMW is having a lot of issues currently with IOS software and I drive software working together. I recommend going to Bmw.com/update and seeing if there is a software update for your I drive system. Just type in your vin and the site will let you know if one is available and how to install it.