Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

x drive info

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by Touring525i4dawgs, Oct 3, 2019.

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

A friend of mine asked about X Drive today. Although I knew the basics was looking for a good technical article about the system and it's inner workings. Thanks

MGarrison

Well the front thingy spins and goes to the middle thingy that spins, which goes to all corners via other spinning thingies to make the wheels spin. Then after awhile something or other goes wrong with this or that spinning thingy at which point it's time to cuss and damn a lot if you try to fix the spinning thingies yourself if you even can, or do the exact same cussing and damning after paying a lot of money in the hopefully ultimately not-vain hope that whatever spinning thingies that were supposed to be fixed were were actually fixed, and that the same and any other spinning thingies don't break again, or differently, anytime soon.

Offhand though, I'm gonna guess you're looking for something slightly more specific. ;)
    Touring525i4dawgs likes this.

Thanks for the perfect answer! I will pass this on for sure. But yes was looking for a more technical analysis. Thanks for a good laugh.

Shred Sled guest

Touring525i4dawgs likes this.

Thanks. I passed it on to my friend who was curious about what x-Drive was.