Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Easycare Service Contract versus BMW Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by agreenstone, Sep 7, 2019.

agreenstone

Buying a new X5 and dealer is proposing an EasyCare service contract at the Total Car coverage level supposedly comparable to a BMW Platinum level extended warranty. Anyone have any experience in getting maintenance through an Easycare contract once in effect? Do the dealers seamlessly honor it. Curious how it plays out in a complex repair. Anyone regret choosing Easycare over BMW Platinum?

MGarrison

Oh my - wish I had an answer; no insight or experience on it. Maybe see what some google searching turns up if you haven't already. Offhand, I'd be skeptical; hard to see why some 3rd-party company would be incentivized more than BMW would to appropriately deal with warranty issues down the line, despite whatever they claim initially.

charlson89

Always go with BMW when you can makes things much simpler. BMW does not recognize any third party warranty of any kind.