Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Intake sensor code given along with bad idle.

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by bergzee24, Sep 4, 2019.

bergzee24

My 2002 X5 3.0l is giving me a intake camshaft sensor code P0014 I think that's the code number. I changed both the intake and exhaust camshaft sensors but still getting the same code. It idles rough in Park or neutral but in drive it runs fine with no performance changes.Should I try and replace the sensors again thinking maybe I bought a few bad ones??

Should I change the idle control valve? I am not getting a code for that though.

Thanks Wayne

charlson89

P0042 I believe is for oxygen sensor heating. What code are you getting for the intake camshaft sensor?

bergzee24

Sorry I had the wrong code written down. It is P0014 for Camshaft Intake Sensor. Replaced it twice, but still has the code popping up and idle is rough.

charlson89

You could be having a vanos issue causing these faults. Best way to check this is to run a vanos test using some Bmw diagnosis equipment that can command the vanos to move advance and retard and to check to make sure cam is moving as desired. Also make sure all the wiring to the sensor is ok.