Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Car Rental

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2019' started by TomF, Jul 27, 2019.

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

Does anyone know how to guarantee a BMW car rental at any of the car rental companies at GSP?

We're flying in on Thursday, October 10, driving to Atlanta to visit friends and attend the Petit Le Mans on Saturday, returning to Greenville on Monday for Oktoberfest, visiting friends in Asheville after Oktoberfest, and finally returning the car on Monday, October 21. We'd like to rent a BMW for the duration.

On our last trip to Greenville in January 2018 for the BMW CCA Foundation Charity Dinner and Legends Exhibition with friends, we lucked out and got an X5 from Budget for the weekend. If possible I'd like to guarantee that this could happen again, although any BMW would suffice.

MGarrison

I don't know, maybe worth calling 'CCA nat'l office in case someone there would have any suggestions?
    • Staff

steven s

I've gotten several calls from members looking to rent a BMW.
    No, the factory does not rent cars.
    No, the Performance Center does not rent cars.

I have not seen BMWs for rent at GSP.

MGarrison

Send a gift basket to so-n-so at the airport Budget desk? :D
    steven s likes this.

gvcmel

Tom, can say that after 30+ years of business travel getting the car you reserved is a crap shoot at best. It too often the website says they have a model only to find out that the destination rental counter has never had that model or brand of car. Best to call the counter at your destination and verify/reserve.

From what I say on my last trip to Greenville there was nothing but cute utes and cowboy pickups available.
    • Staff

steven s

I recently requested a Mazda 3 from Hertz and got a Toyota CHR.
    They told me, the haven't had a Mazda 3 in years.

mattm

I rented through Avis in Omaha, Neb., this past week for the Tirerack SCCA Solo Nationals and my car selected as a Ford Fusion or similar. I got a 2019 Camry LE with 12k on the clock. A very capable car except for the infotainment system (Entune) which is wonky on a good day (okay, it sucks).