Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

bike rack 335i conv

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by elliotjcohn, Jul 26, 2008.

elliotjcohn guest

Anyone have thoughts or experience with bike rack options for the 335i conv? Is a hitch mounted rack my best option?

bl335i08 guest

I would think so... unless you've got a hard-top conv.

elliotjcohn guest

Thanks. It is a hard top conv., but I suspect the hitch may work. I just wondered if anyone else had used a specific brand of hitch or if BMw (for a price) had a model specific hitch.

bl335i08 guest

Well, when I had my 05 Acura RSX, I ordered one from etrailer.com and installed it myself. The hitches are custom made to fit different models. The one I had was fairly simple to install, and solid. Good Luck!

elliotjcohn guest

Thanks again. I'll check their web site.

bl335i08 guest

Sure thing. Just out of curiosity, road or mountain, or both? I'm a roadie. Cheers!

igarcha guest

I am a roadie myself and have been struggling with the bike rack decision. The manual for my hardtop convertible advises against using a roof rack. Interestingly, it also advises against using a trunk mounted rack.

So this leaves me with the only option remaining. A hitch mounted rack. ( I like those the best anyway.) But BMW does not make one for this model car.

I called a local trailer hitch shop that sells aftermarket custom hitches. They said that Curt (company that makes one for BMW's) has not not made one yet for the 2008 model 335 convertible. And he does not think that the 2007 hitch will be compatible.

Has anyone else heard differently.

08 335i conv

rmorin49

Hitch for 335i convertible

I don't believe there is any difference in the 07 and 08 335i convertible so a hitch designed for the 07 model should fit the 08, no problem.

radial guest

Has anyone come upon a good solution yet? I want to be able to transport my bikes, but I certainly don't want to screw up the cream leather interior or the external finish on my new 335i convertible. Seems like a trailer hitch based rack is probably the only feasible solution. I'm not seeing a hitch for the 335 convertible on the curtmfg.com site for model year 2008 or 2007 for that matter. Any other options?

suesue guest

Any more info on best bike rack for 335 convertible? anyone?

Anyone have any info? Thanks.