Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Does lifetime membership expire?

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by 182861, Mar 31, 2019.

I mean, besides the obvious reason?

I purchased a lifetime membership as well as an associate membership for my wife back in 2000. Have enjoyed all that the club and local chapters offer, including several thousand dollars on new and CPO vehicle purchases and leases. Yay me.

Recently I’ve been getting emails urging me to “renew” my membership. Had to check quickly for a pulse to see if I’m still alive, unless “lifetime” doesn’t literally mean lifetime, but merely 20 years?

Not that I’m complaining, that $350 has literally paid for itself half a dozen time over. Would like some clarification IF lifetime does indeed cap at 20 years before I hit that RENEW NOW button.

MGarrison

Hey, on the upside, you're still posting, so..... but, I'm not sure on the expiration question either, let's see what Steven says...!

PROBABLy should have looked at my membership card before I posted...

There IS an expiration date on the card. Luckily, I AM still breathing and have a pulse. :)

If anyone is a lifetime membership holder, the membership is actually around 19 years (mine was active from March 2000 to March 2019). Don't know why they settled on 19 years rather than 20?
    • Staff

steven s

Still addressing a problem with some lifetime memberships. There was a formula based on the amount and number of years. It made sense at the time. :) All membership terms, even lifetime, need an end date. We normally renew lifetime before then and should not be printing an expiration date at all. Software being what it is, errors do occur. I'll let someone know.

MGarrison

I think my account profile or something lists an expiration date for mine also, but I hadn't thought about it much since it's a ways off.