Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW F10 Front Sway Bar Bushings

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by malbr01, Mar 22, 2019.

malbr01

Seems crazy, but it appears that to replace the front sway bar bushings, you need to replace the entire sway bar assembly which comes with new bushings. So for a couple of pieces of rubber you have to spend for the swaybar and then toss the old bar into a landfill.

Anyone know is there are compatible bushings that can be used? I read somewhere that a 335 bushing fits, but I have not confirmed and do not know that part number.

Thanks

MGarrison

What the?? Yeah, weird - there's gotta be a part number for that bushing someplace....

charlson89

You are correct the bushings on some of the sway bars do come attached to the sway bar. If you can measure your bars diameter you might be able to find some bushings to retrofit to the bar. I haven't had any of these fail yet are you having a issues or just wanting to upgrade?

malbr01

I am getting a creak from the front end in cold weather on a slow turn of steering wheel. I suspect the bushings. I'll start with lubrication and see if that takes care of it to help isolate. the issue.

charlson89

Also check you thrust arm bushings had issues with them making noise when cold and turning or small bumps.