Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hi, I'm new

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by nthomas33, Jul 24, 2008.

nthomas33 guest

Hey there BMW CCA forums, I'm Nick. I'm new to this particular forum, but not to the whole forum scene. In fact I recognized a few of you from bimmerforums.
    Well, a youngin'. My e30 is my first car. It looks a little rough right now because it's also my first project car. Right now I'm in the midst of a re-paint to zinno red (old paint was lookin' bad) and so far I've only done some maintenance stuff to it, like the timing belt change, new fan clutch, and I've also replaced the front bumper and valence. Here are a few pics, unfortunately they're not completely up to date (I have the 'vert 3-spoke steering wheel, and my IS lip mysteriously disappeared last night)

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Nick

Elkoholic

Nice whip, man! Looks like some fun times ahead. I can feel ya with the young'un deal--my '87 cabrio is my first car. SOOOOOO much fun...

az3579

Looks like we've got ourselves a little club going on here... :)

Elkoholic

Haha, yeah, can anyone say "E30 Is My First Car Club?" ;)

SFaikel guest

My girlfriends first car was an E30.. ;-)
    Looks great! I'd love a little project like that, and I'm glad to here you did your timing belt.. My cousin's snapped on him, ended up with a new engine.. :-(

nthomas33 guest

yeah, it didn't really need it (found that out when I got to the timing belt) but changed it anyways, mostly for the educational purposes

Thanks for the compliments, guys
    Nick

az3579

I just took a closer look at those pics and my, that's a very solid E30. Is there any rust in any of the usual spots? How much did you pay for it?

It will look stunning with Zinnoberrot. I would have repainted mine that (original color) if I didn't get a free coat of Brilliantrot from a friend. Please do post some pics when it's done.

nthomas33 guest

the onlybad rust, or rot, is right behind the rear PS wheel. I got the car for free, but when my brother bought it, he paid $1800 I want to say, and he drove it for about 2 years when it died on him so he went back to his '89 jetta. 2 years passed and it became mine.I'll be sure to post up pics when it's all painted and what not, but that's way down on the list now. It really needs a new diff (LSD of course) new tie rod ends and an alignment, new rotors and pads, new shift linkage, etc. But I work 2 jobs so money's good, and I visualize the finished product so that keeps me going.

I actually was thinking of going white, but that would be so much more work. And hey free paint is the best paint, and brilliantrot is a beautiful color anyways

thanks
    Nick

Elkoholic

I'm a fan of white...I'M NOT BIASED!!! :rolleyes: