Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

FS: (FL) 1987 Polaris Silver L7

Discussion in 'E23 (1978-1987)' started by monty23psk, Jan 19, 2019.

monty23psk

Hey everybody,

I am going to help my dad sell his 1987 L7. He has to downsize his space and needs to let go of some of his car. This L7 was purchases with about 120K miles about 14 years ago. He barely uses it. The odometer broke a little over 140K.

I gave the car a test drive and here are things I noticed and what I know about it. My father has file with receipts and he logged all the work. He is looking for it and I will add the info when received.

He is looking at selling it for $3k.

-Car drives and brakes fine.
    -Car exterior is polaris silver. The single stage is oxidized and there are some blemishes and dents. I notice rust on the passenger rear, bottom corner of rear windows and wheel well behind tire. The engine bay has some rust on firewall.
    -Sunroof has rust but a spare is being provided with the car.
    -Interior is light (dove) gray. It needs some TLC and the driver seat leans
    -The rear windows do not work, could be just stuck but I wasn't going to try.
    The AC needs a charge, as it was working but with the lack of driving, it needs gas. Probably a leak somewhere. The blower thumb wheel is stuck on low.
    -Radio does not turn on
    -Odometer and MGP gauge is not working, SI batteries probably.
    -Rear passenger light lens is broken. All the other lights work fine.
    -New exhaust was installed about 4 years ago but Miami Muffler, I believe Ansa brand.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]