Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tail lights

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Touring525i4dawgs, Dec 31, 2018.

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

Happy New Years to all in the E 46 forum. You have given me such great info this year. So before the clock runs out I have one last issue. My car was fitted with led aftermarket tail lights. They are of Taiwanese manufacture. Well one crapped out the other day. My mechanic spent some time on it today and was unable to fix the problem. Of course finding info is very difficult. I was online with BAVauto today and they had a few options. I think my best option is to replace both sides with better serviceability. I need to do this rather quickly. The current ones are led. I do like the led option but not carved in stone.

MGarrison

Depends on what they did I suppose - not super familiar with LED conversions; I think I've seen direct-replacement led bulbs, basically an led w/ the base to fit the stock sockets. If the stock wiring's intact w/ the original plugs/connectors, maybe one fast fix would be some used ones off ebay which you could throw a conventional bulb in while figuring other alternatives. If they had to modify the wiring to use the replacement lights, obviously changes would be more involved. Any pick-n-pulls in your area? Search your local craigslist for parts E46's (you might get lucky), ebay, or a used-parts house - https://prussianmotors.com

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

Thanks. That was my other thought just look for oem replacements. led nice but oem has its benefits.