Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Alarm issues

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by kgmoodyz4, Dec 4, 2018.

kgmoodyz4

I have a 2012 750 Li that had given me the Charge Battery notification for a about a week. When I left work at 5 am the alarm was going off. The alarm sounded again when I parked at home about 45 minutes later. It went off during morning while I was asleep. I read that a low battery could cause that. I changed the battery (it has not been coded yet, but was told by a mechanic that would not create my current problem). The alarm siren still goes off at random, even when driving. I took a sick day from work to turn around and come home to work on it. The siren was silent for about 2 hours, then sounded again. I disconnected the battery and it was still sounding. Is there a wire I can disconnect to the siren?

kgmoodyz4

When I bought the battery, I had the alternator tested, and it showed good. Currently drinking bourbon and thinking about the next step.

MGarrison

Wish I had some specifics to be helpful, just not a car I'm familiar with. Presumably there's a plug to the siren with a wire lead on it, unfortunately I can't tell you how to trace/find it short of id'ing the siren itself while it's going off.
    kgmoodyz3 likes this.

kgmoodyz4

Looked for the siren while it was going off. I removed both fenderwell liners and still can't locate it. Sounds like it is on the passenger side rear.

kgmoodyz4

It was inside the rear bumper on the passenger side. Pulled bumper cover out, then loosened the plastic piece under by removing two screws. The siren was inside of it and accessed from the back side.

MGarrison

Well at least that can shut the alarm up for the moment if nothing else - glad you found it!
    kgmoodyz3 likes this.