Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

floor mats

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by kennedyj15, Aug 4, 2015.

kennedyj15

any recommendations for floor mats for my 01 Z3 roadster?? WeatherTech doesnt make them for this vehicle - may be too chunky anyway - but current after mkt amt keeps slipping underfoot

MGarrison

Bavauto.com has a variety of mats (input your car, under "Departments" top left, click "Interior", then "Floor Mat Sets")

Also this place: http://www.autosportcatalog.com/floor-mats-cargo-liners.cfm

For custom mats, get color samples ahead of time, on-screen colors might seem to match, but end up being off.

If you narrow down your choices, probably would take a conversation with a sale rep to get more specific information about how well & effectively the mats secure in place by whatever means they may employ.

Years ago, to try and secure mats in my dad's car, his mats had a smooth floor-side backing, so I got the stickiest double-sided carpet tape I could find (might have been from Home Depot - it was black and very sticky) and stuck that stuff hard to the whole underside of the mat, which in essence glued them down to the factory carpeting. Downside is they weren't really removable since they were really stuck in place, and, since the tape was soo sticky, glue residue on the stock carpet - but, they didn't slide around! Presumably, some of the more typical and less extreme securing measures of different mats would be perfectly adequate.

kennedyj15

THANKS!! a few good options here JK

z3sfenm

Have you considered coco mats? I have had them in two of my cars and love the look. JWL